While traveling for our honeymoon, my husband and I stopped in Mykonos and stayed for a few days: here is some of the things we did, places we ate and where we stayed.
Hotel: Poseidon Hotel
- Don’t stay here, we got bed bug bites
Cocktails and apps: Captains
- Great for sharing plates, cool vibes, tons of good drinks, harbor view
- Great gelato, waffle, crepe dessert options
- Good for sitting and enjoying dessert with a night cap, tons of tables with a sea view
- Hip place, good for ordering to go ice cream
Day Trip: Delos Island
- Largest archaeological site in the world and birthplace of Apollo and Artemis.
- Take the ferry to Delos Island, during March the ferry left at 10am (returning at 1pm) and cost $20 per person round trip. Leaves from the old-port.
Shopping: Little Venice & see the Windmills
- A grouping of stores and restaurants right on the water that resemble Venice. while you’re there make sure you stop and take a picture by the windmills. Mykonos is known for them!
Find Petros the Pelican and take a picture
- Years ago an injured pelican made it’s way into the city and was found by some residents. They nursed him back to health and name him Petros (Peter in english). Petros was loved by the residents of Mykonos and became the unofficial mascot. After awhile the original Petros was hit by a taxi cab and died. During this time, Jackie Kennedy (Jackie-O) gifted the island of Mykonos a pelican. This is one of the many reasons she was so loved by the residents. There is even a bar called Jackie-O.
Beach Bar Hop Down the Coast
- Tropicana Beach Bar & Cavo Paradiso at Tropicana Beach
- Nicolas Tavern & Tasos at Paranga Beach
- Nammos at Psarou Beach