I grew up in the best possible place a kid could image: the Midwest. I joke all the time that my family was poor, but I think we were really just creative, not to mention my mom was a teacher and full of wacky ideas. We made castles from cardboard refrigerator boxes, and raced popsicle sticks down the sidewalk curb. We also created a Stanley Cup out of aluminum foil once because… Michigan.
Eventually we moved to Scottsdale, Arizona AKA the most livable city. If you haven’t been here I highly suggest you check it out: it’s basically the exact opposite of Michigan: sunny and happy.
My skills pretty much amount to boiling chicken in a crock-pot, so I apologize in advance if you’re here to learn how to properly filet a fish. I also hate seafood… double sorry.
What I lack in cooking abilities, I make it up for it with my insane personality. I work in media and somehow find myself winning just about every social media contest I enter #popular.
Oh yeah, and I occasionally travel the world. This one time I attended Dream Camp and made a vision board with a world map on it. Talk about THE SECRET (if you don’t know, figure it out) but my brother accepted a job for an airline and now we get to fly all over and see this beautiful world we live in.
Things I Like:
– Cold brew coffee, with a straw, and absolutely not a single drop of sugar.
– Sitting on the couch after a long day of work, with a personal bota box and drinking wine from the spicket.
– Weird trends like dry brushing, oil pulling, cupping, and brushing my teeth with charcoal toothpaste which really just looks like your brushed your teeth too soon after eating oreos.
– Taking supplements and pretending that St. Johns Wart actually makes me healthy, Bee Pollen actually gives me energy, and Milk Thistle is actually detoxing my liver.
– TSA precheck and airport lounges. Not to go all boujee on you here, but seriously the airport is full of plebs and I actually have this deep disdain towards the general public.
– The container store.